Nov 9, 2008

How can my attending BloodhoundBlog Unchained in Orlando help you buy or sell Florida real estate?

This past Friday I attended the BloodhoundBlog Unchained real estate training, real estate marketing and real estate technology event held in Orlando. The event was organized by Greg Swan of Bloodhoundblog and Brian Brady, America's #1 Mortgage Broker. I had a choice of attending the National Association of Realtor convention being held in Orlando at the same time or this event and I believe I made the right choice. Anytime you can come away from a workshop or training that you pay to attend and not only feel like you got your money's worth but would have gladly paid more, that has to be a good thing, right?

So can my attending this event help with your needs of buying or selling a home? Absolutely! There was so much great information that when implemented or altered to fit the Central Florida market, my buyers and sellers will benefit as well. I'll explain as I recap the highlights.
  1. Greg Swann opened the session talking about Greeks and philosophy. I will not profess to following every point Greg made; I did take from this portion of the event that success and successful people do not follow the masses. Greg pointed out that 2.0 really means that the Internet is participatory. Buyers and sellers are online and as professionals we need to participate in their discussions.
  2. Brian Brady followed up with great information about social media marketing. He offered tips about using Facebook, Linked In and other social media outlets that, when used properly, we can provide valuable information to the buying/selling user.
  3. Sherry Chris, CEO of Better Homes and Gardens provided an interesting look at a large real estate firm's efforts to launch the rebirth of their brand online. Sherry acknowledge the importance of the online community as it relates to the new buyer and selling consumer.
  4. Teri Lussier helped clarify, for me, the social part of social media. Se explained in great detail how we should be involved in area online communities, including blogging and community forums. Taking the time to build social media relationships will provide opportunities to answer and provide information to buyers and sellers about the buying/selling process and the area and community we live. She also provided a couple of sites that she strongly encouraged that we join and become an active part of.
  5. Kelley Koehler talked about adwords. I will admit prior to this session I was pretty much clueless to how adwords work. Kelley's presentation was easy to follow and informative. Along with adword information, she also provided great tips for our websites and blogs which I am eager start.
  6. Mitch Ribak Wow, my fellow Floridian Broker was full of great information. His company is flourishing in our current market based in part by his following the practices that he discussed with us. A strong Internet presence, a consistent follow up program, a great attitude, lead converting, lead generation and making sure your marketing efforts are targeting the right people.
  7. John Rowles introduced his IDX solution. It appears to be a very comprehensive system and I am sure it will generate leads for those who take advantage of it.
  8. Sean Purcell discussed the Bloodhound Way and it was apparent the Bloodhound Way involves thinking about your marketing instead of just doing whatever the next guy before you has or is doing. I enjoyed his thought provoking question about why do we plaster the front view of our listing on our marketing pieces when most likely the person reading the piece is right in front of the house and can see the front. Wouldn't it be better to have a thumbnail picture of the front and larger pictures of the other rooms in the house?
  9. Eric Blackwell was the last presenter but certainly not the least in information. Eric provided hands-on useful information about SEO and the real estate website. Eric was kind enough to spend the better part of his lunch break discussing SEO and what matters not only in the eyes of Google but also the customer.

So much useful information. I met several great people from around the country and hopefully will have the opportunity to talk and meet with these folks again in the near future. Re-reading my notes I see terms like "win the niches", "send marketing prospecting to area that are moving to your area", "make sure landing pages allows visitors an ability to search for homes", "timely, on subject and written by an authority" and "Forced registration works".

Of course what I posted here is just an overview of the session, the good stuff I am keeping to myself and will use for the benefit of my customers and agents. : )

I would encourage every real estate professional who has an opportunity to attend a Bloodhound Unchained event to do so. Your career and customers will thank you.


Related Florida real estate views:

Our market plan includes advertising your home to international real estate buyers

Open houses don't work.

I am not going to give my home away!


- Greg Staker 407-304-0255

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to try and make it this year to both the NAR convention as well as the Unchained event. [From the persons I've spoken to - it appears the big winner was the Unchained event hands down.] Some really great and knowledgeable speakers made it to Unchained. Attending the next one is now at the top of my priority list. :)

Greg Staker said...

The guys and gals who presented and attended the Bloodhound event have a passion for the business that was refreshing to be around. Hopefully I will see you at the next event!

Orlando Real Estate said...

Sounds good. When is the next convention scheduled?

Greg Staker said...

Hi Gitta,

You can visit the Bloodhound blog here for information on upcoming events.

www.bloodhoundrealty.com/BloodhoundBlog

You might want to register for the August Orlando RE bar camp. That information can be found here.

www.rebarcamporlando.com