Jan 3, 2008

Will the real estate market improve in 2008?

I thought it might be interesting to see what the Google results would be for my question. For sake of this... uh... research, my goal was to examine the first page results for my query and score them for improve as compared to no improvement. Improve can include even the slightest of hope and no improvement will include the worst-case scenario crash burn and die predictions.

Here are the results for --

will real estate market improve in 2008?

First page opinions on Google web search:

Yahoo Finance under the heading of, Is the slump over yet? The opinion here is if there is an improvement it will be a relatively modest one.

Improvement 1 No improvement 0

The blog, RoofTop Views says the market will improve in 2008

Improvement 2 No improvement 0

AC The People’s Media Company says “2008 Real Estate Market Will Make the 2007 Market Look like Walk in the Park

Improvement 2 No improvement 1

Realty Times has an article that says ‘NAHB says massive Housing downshift will improve in 2008

Improvement 3 No improvement 1

Texas Realty Blog says the real estate market better improve. They go on to say that 2008 market should improve.

Improvement 4 No improvement 1

Ezine Articles is listed next with 30 ways to improve a real estate websites for 2008. If enough agents did improve their sites it might help the market improve, but for sake of my question, I cannot count this result.

Improvement 4 No improvement 1

The next result is from NAR, the National Association of Realtors and they say the end of real estate as we know it is near….ok…kidding, they stand by their belief that the market is set to improve with their post titled “Existing home sales to trend up in 2008

Improvement 5 No improvement 1

HotProperty a UK property website says the market will improve….of course they were speaking about the UK’s housing market. I was not aware that the UK was also having a housing problem. While I appreciate their optimism, I cannot count their opinion in my scoring.

Improvement 5 No improvement 1

A City data forum is the next result and harrythedog says the market will improve when everyone stops thinking it is so bad. I am going to assume since harrythedog has made this statement, then harrythedog must think that the market is not bad. I am going to score this one for improve.

Improvement 6 No improvement 1

And finally,

Real Estate Connect New York City is going to hold a conference to discuss my question. I wonder if they will consider the results of this blog during their conference?

Thanks, Google for the optimistic results. I hope you are right.


Related Florida real estate views:

Florida home sales remain healthy

Housing slowdown slows paint sales

Orlando will lead Florida in population, employment and personal income gain


- Greg Staker Watson Realty Corp. 407-304-0255

No comments: