May 11, 2009

The goal this morning is to find out how buyers who qualify for them federal tax credit can apply for the upfront down payment money

My goal this morning is to find out how buyers who qualify for the federal tax credit can apply for the upfront down payment money from their County.

I have placed calls to the county offices of Orange, Volusia and Osceola. Of the 3 offices I was able to speak to a nice young lady at the West Volusia Housing Activity Department. She did have any information so she kindly placed me in the voice mail of someone who hopefully does. I left a message with the Orange County Housing & Community Development Division. I tried several times to leave a message with the Osceola Housing Department but their phone system did not allow me to do so.

All 3 counties have down payment assistance programs in place so it is very possible that the federal tax credit program will be handled by the existing county programs. As soon as I hear back from the county representatives or can make contact I will be sure to write another post explaining the process.


Related Florida real estate views:

First time home buyers can apply for down payment assistance before closing and pay it back from tax credit refund

I want to buy a house

Ask the seller to pay closing cost

No comments: