Jun 2, 2008

Agents and bears hibernate.

hibernate: To be in a dormant, resting state

Today I contacted agents who I have not seen over the past month. Their absence of course mirrors their non-existent business. I understand the market is challenging and feel for agents who are genuinely trying to further their careers or are taking advantage of the down time in order to gain the training and education they need to increase their chances for success in the future.

One agent today though caught me off guard. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi, I hope you have been well. I would like to invite you to tomorrow's sales meeting and maybe we can spend a few moments discussing an activity plan?

Agent: I hope I can stay active with your office. I have a few people thinking about buying sometime in the future. I am not ready to jump back into real estate full time.

Me: Well it might be good to take advantage of some of oour ongoing training until things pick up for you. When do you anticipate coming back to the office on a regular basis.

Agent: Maybe in a year or two.

I released the agent today.


Related Florida real estate views:

Code of Ethics training to be held in Kissimmee

Does your agent have enough money to advertise your home?

Homebuyers and sellers in Florida may have fewer Realtors to choose from


- Greg Staker Watson Realty Corp. 407-304-0255

No comments: