Jul 18, 2005

New website, security and google

We are just a few days away from bringing online our 2nd website. The name of the site will be Florida Real Estate Gold. I hope to provide a venue for individuals to visit and see the latest listings of homes that are $300K and up. We will keep the site updated with golf course homes, water front homes, new construction, condos and other higher end properties. The site will start with Lake, Volusia, Orange and Seminole Counties information and hopefully branch off from there. I'll keep you posted on how it is doing.

The MLS is beefing up security. Today I registered for a key that creates a new password number every 60 seconds. When accessing the MLS I will have to enter this number along with my id. You can keep this new straight out of a sci fi movie security key on your key ring. Now I have more reason to stress over misplaced keys. Stay tuned.


Google is updating page ranks. That is what several search engine forums are saying. I have the google toolbar and have remained a 3 from the beginning. I think a few of my other pages gained a page rank, but I do not follow it that closely. I did notice that my google link popularity went from 62 to 68. I do not know for sure the importance of the page rank bar but I do know every time I go to a new site while surfing, my eyes look at the bar first.

The market here in West Volusia is still going strong. I had an amazing open house this weekend with a terrific turnout. Plenty of buyers out there, who is looking to sell?


Related Florida real estate views:

Holiday homes for sale in Florida

What do you do after you find a home on my real estate site?

Department of Justice launches new website


- Greg Staker Watson Realty Corp. 407-304-0255

No comments: