Nov 4, 2009

It is ok; we do this all the time.

I hate it when I hear this. Usually this is spoken by someone I have just recently met and is said when something just does not feel right about a real estate deal. The person saying it wants me to feel at ease and ok with whatever “it” is. More often than not, “it” really is not ok and I have to step in and nix whatever “it” is before it drags one of our seller/buyers, agents or company into a real estate deal we should not be involved with.

I just finished reading a press release posted on the Florida Association of Realtors website announcing the arrest of over 100 people in Florida for mortgage fraud. I wonder how many times those persons arrested uttered the words, “It is ok; we do this all the time”?

I am not saying every time someone says those words they are trying to do something illegal or committing mortgage fraud. But the facts are if whatever it is, is legal and done all the time by professionals in this business, I am going to be fully aware of it and you will not need to tell me.


Related mortgage fraud blog posts

No comments: